Now that we’ve got our list of finalists all buckled down, I thought I would go through some of the names that I briefly considered but immediately shot down in my mind.
These are what some call guilty pleasure names: names that you couldn’t use yourself for one reason or another but still love nonetheless.
Here we go, in no particular order:
- Penelope: I just like the way it sounds! And a nickname of Penny is super cute. But, names that require nicknames are a no-go. Plus I’d have to think about the spelling every time I wrote her name out.
- Along the same line are Poppy, Piper and Pippa.
- Charlotte: Because I’m a Sex and the City fan and my favorite character was Charlotte. It’s a feminine name but too long for us. It doesn’t have a nickname, really, but I don’t know… I just can’t use it.
- Adele: And not because of the artist Adele, but because I like the name. It’s short, pretty simple, feminine but not “too girly.” But the artist/singer kind of ruined it for me. Not because she’s a bad artist but because she’s so popular!
- Clementine: So southern! So cute! But again, too long.
- Mabel: I love old lady names! Unfortunately OLNs are a major trend in baby-naming right now. And a friend of Mr. Handsome’s just named their dog Mabel so that kind of squashed it for me.
- Hazel: My eyes are hazel, which may be the primary reason why this name appeals to me.
- Daisy: So adorable! But too girly for me. I just can’t see a Judge or Dr. Daisy.
I’m sure there are more, but these are the ones I can currently think of.
It’s funny, I remember way back when Kiddo1 was on the way I thought girl names were so much easier than boy names. Now that we have to choose a girl name I’m thinking boy names are so much easier! The grass is always greener, right?